Most homeowners don’t give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it is time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be nice to know how a refrigerator keeps your food cold—and Chesapeake Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to find out what you will want to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to connect with refrigerator repair Chesapeake.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, in order to eliminate rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from inside of the appliance to the outside, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Chesapeake Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is located on the back outside panel of the appliance and helps to disperse the heat collected inside the refrigerator then out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs heat held within it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the appliance.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is directed through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby turning the gas back into a liquid.
The thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, engaging the cooling period as necessary.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Chesapeake for repair right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to engage, and the next cooling cycle starts. The appliance collects the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The compressor pushes the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the rear of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the room and transforms back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues on its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the many coils in the inside of the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from inside the appliance, cooling the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and returns to the compressor unit so it can continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in quite a few applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from a single location and distributing it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, creates a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? Time to schedule service with Chesapeake Appliance Repair.
Chesapeake Appliance Repair is able to fix nearly all common brands of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in Chesapeake complete training to troubleshoot and repair cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart functionality and countless other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2024  Chesapeake Appliance Repair